Resumé

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

#1-For Starters




Let me be honest about something:
I only know half the things I think I should know and don´t know of all the things I don´t know yet.

And even though I think I´ve learned alot about the nuts and bolts on filmmaking by now and is starting to get an idea of who I am as a director, I know nowhere near enough to have a blog where I can show off and give advices.

But that is not necessarily my intention.
This will be kind of a directors diary, if you will, that will document all the ups and downs, the mistakes, the battles and the fortune of luck that one go through while trying to tell a story in 24 frames per second.
And to be as honest about it as possible.

I wish filmmakers and other creative heads would do the same, letting people in on a process that is extremely exciting and interesting. So often it´s all about how great it was to work with so-and-so and how fun it was to something-something.
But never about when everything seemed so chaotic and so unfair, that you´d wish you had followed your parents advice: Get A Plan B.

That is what I "hope" I will be able to tell just a fraction of in the pages to come, even though the whole thing might become a blog about mistakes.
That is a part of the process.

All the best,
Jonas Thorbjoern

P.S. Oh! I don´t have the ability to tell things in a short and simple fashion, so there will be pages that constains a lot of words. But that is a part of the process too.
Plus: I´m from Denmark. Expect grammar errors!

No comments:

Post a Comment